I’m a vegan solo traveler. I’m slowly traveling around the world by house sitting, eating all the vegan food, and having mostly one-way conversations with animals.
1. First of all, what are your website and social media links?
2. How did you come up with your website name?
My last name is Burger and I travel abroad! Quite brilliant, I thought!
3. What more can you tell us about your blog? What are your goals or intentions for it?
It focuses mainly solo vegan travel and house sitting tips. My goal for it is to continue to sustain longterm travel and also inspire others as well! Anyone can get out there and do it!
4. Can you provide us with a Throw Back Thursday picture of one of your favorite travel memories with an explanation?
The picture of me in the airplane is definitely one of my favorites because it reminds me of the feeling I get when flying = total freedom.
5. Which are your favorite and least favorite cities you’ve traveled to? Why?
My all-time favorite city is Portland, Oregon, It’s beautiful, green and is very eco-friendly and vegan-friendly! Least favorite is hard to choose, I can usually find at least something good or interesting. That being said, I’m not the biggest fan of Atlanta. It’s hot and muggy and all the streets are named Peachtree!
6. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Where?
I love food and I love sampling weird exotic fruits and vegetables. I hope to try a Durian soon but I think the strangest one so far has been a Asian pitahaya, or dragonfruit. It’s a fruit with a hot pink skin and a white and black custardy, creamy, fruit inside. It’s bizarre.
7. Who are your travel idols?
Freya Stark: classic, and Gary Arndt, modern.
8. What’s your best travel tip?
My best travel tip is to go with the flow. Don’t overplan or overstress. Try not to get FOMO. You can’t do it all. So do what makes you happy!
9. Which is your favorite post you’ve written? Please provide a link.
I really like my 5 Benefits of Housesitting post because I feel like it really answers most questions about house and pet sitting and helps people travel. http://www.burgerabroad.com/2015/04/24/5-benefits-of-house-sitting/
10. What advice would you give to someone new to travel blogging?
I would say just take the plunge and jump in. You learn as you go. You can’t compare your first chapter to someone else’s twentieth. Just have fun!