Hey everyone! This week we’ve got Rob Lowe on the blog – no, not that Rob Lowe – Rob from Worldwide Travel Advice!
1. First of all, what are your website and social media links?
2. How did you come up with your website name?
I spent sooo long (as in weeks!) trying to come up with a good, catchy name. Worldwide Travel Advice pretty much sums up what the core focus of the site is. I’ve been travelling for a while and only really thought about blogging about it in the past year! I want to offer as much advice as possible to would-be travellers who want to travel the world!
3. What more can you tell us about your blog? What are your goals or intentions for it?
I want WWTA to be an epic resource – but still keep the personal touch! There are soo many amazing travel bloggers around, it’s hard to be seen! I think you just have to be passionate and consistent to maintain growth, something I’m working on in 2016 (along with a billion other things)!
4. Can you provide us with a Throw Back Thursday picture of one of your favorite travel memories with an explanation?
One of my favourite travel moments was during the Lantern Festival in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand! I’ve never seen anything like it – literally thousands of lanterns lighting up the sky! It was really surreal experience, even board-line spiritual – but with an added party atmosphere too! Epic stuff.
5. Which are your favorite and least favorite cities you’ve traveled to? Why?
Favourite: Has to be Melbourne! The food, the coffee scene, the street art, the weather – It’s an amazing city!
Least favourite: Mumbai! I think I was super unlucky when I passed through Mumbai. I had stomach troubles I couldn’t get over, then I got bitten on the lip by a bed bug – literally had a golf-ball sized bite! I didn’t go out the next day 🙁
6. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Where?
I think scooping a handful of fried insects in Thailand thinking they were crisps was pretty full-on! I’d been at the full moon party in Koh Phangan so I think I’ve got a good excuse! They didn’t actually taste too bad.. Garlicky!
7. Who are your travel idols?
I’ve met some cool travel bloggers over the past couple of years… Anil from Foxnomad, Kate from Adventurous Kate, Stuart from Am I Nearly There Yet? They’re super inspiring as they’ve been travelling for so long.
8. What’s your best travel tip?
Haggle with a smile on your face! When I first started travelling, I used to get so frustrated when I tried to haggle with locals. I hated the idea that they were trying to cheat me somehow.. But that’s just how some cultures roll, it’s totally part of the translation. Smile and treat it like a game 😉
9. Which is your favorite post you’ve written? Please provide a link.
A Long Weekend In Paris (http://worldwidetraveladvice.
10. What advice would you give to someone new to travel blogging?
Don’t burn out! Be yourself, write whatever the hell you want. SEO is important, but not as important as quality and consistency. Like I have a clue!!! Ha.