This week we’ve got Vicky with us!
1. First of all, what are your website and social media links?
2. How did you come up with your website name?
I had already been traveling with Buddy for a couple of years and I always got a lot of smiles and positive remarks from people when they saw him. So, when it came time to start my blog I figured, “Why not make him the star of the show?” Plus, it gives me a way to stand out from other bloggers.
3. What more can you tell us about your blog? What are your goals or intentions for it?
I want my blog to inspire people to travel, plain and simple. I want them to see that even if you have a job or are going to school (or both, like me) you can still travel if it’s really a priority in your life. I especially want to inspire kids to travel since I’ve had a case of wanderlust for as long as I can remember. I also started a project called Buddy’s Buddies in order to take kids’ stuffed animals with me when I go on trips so that hopefully when the kids see pictures of their stuffed animals in cool places, they think to themselves that one day they’ll go there too.
4. Can you provide us with a Throw Back Thursday picture of one of your favorite travel memories with an explanation?
Here is a picture of me at Iguazu Falls in Argentina back in 2010. This was such an amazing experience because it was the first time I went somewhere by myself. I did what I wanted, when I wanted it and met some amazing people.
5. Which are your favorite and least favorite cities you’ve traveled to? Why?
It’s SO hard to pick a favorite. I recently went to Edinburgh and fell in love with it, so I guess for now I’ll stick with that as my favorite. If I absolutely have to pick a least favorite, I’d have to say Brussels, but only because my car was broken in to and the police were not very helpful.
6. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Where?
While I was in Buenos Aires, I’m pretty sure I ate parts of a cow that I’d rather not think about! And in Paris I ate escargot, which turned out to be pretty tasty!
7. Who are your travel idols?
My travel idols are Meg from Mapping Megan and Liz from Young Adventuress, they’re both huge inspirations for me.
8. What’s your best travel tip?
Do your research and keep an open mind.
9. Which is your favorite post you’ve written? Please provide a link.
My favorite post is both personal and has great tips for travelers: http://www.buddythetravelingmonkey.com/5-ways-being-in-the-army-made-me-a-better-traveler/
10. What advice would you give to someone new to travel blogging?
Get as much information you can about the technical side of it before you start. It isn’t just about writing. Learn about hosting, SEO, social media, etc. Knowing that stuff will put you on firm ground first and then you can focus on telling your story.