Thanks to Drea from www.travelswithdrea.com for the Liebster award nomination, which encourages us travel bloggers network with each other! Read on for my answers to her questions and my own nominations.
1. Why did you start your travel blog?
I initially began it as a way for my family to keep track of my adventures while I studied abroad in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
2. If you could go to any place in the world, where would that be and why?
The Taj Mahal because my mom’s family is from India and we still haven’t seen it! Also the Harry Potter park at Universal Orlando because I’m a huge muggle.
3. What are your top 3 must have items when traveling?
Chapstick, electronic luggage scale, digital camera.
4. What was your favourite place that you have visited?
London or Porto!
5. If money was not a factor, what would be your dream job?
To host a travel television show like Rick Steves or Samantha Brown!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
7. Who is your favourite travel blogger?
I don’t think I have a favorite right now. I’m pretty new to travel blogging so I’m enjoying looking at a lot of different blogs.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who has never traveled before?
Don’t be picky – just realize that what you think is gross to eat is normal or even a delicacy where you’re visiting.
9. What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
Check out other travel blogs or websites.
10. Who inspires you?
Rick Steves is a big inspiration to me for my interest in the travel industry. I’m a big fan and have his entire series on DVD and use his Europe podcast tours when I’m traveling alone!
Now it is my turn to continue the nominating! The rules are as follows:
Here are my nominations:
Marco Delgado @MarcoSouthWest
Graham Askey @graham_askey
Wanderlust Adventure @wanderlust_amy
Armchair to Reality @chairtoreality
Chuck and Lori @travelworkplay
Couple of Backpackers @backpack2gether
along dusty roads @alongdustyroads
Wanderlust Em @wanderlustems
Here are the questions:
1. Tell us about your blog.
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve when traveling?
3. Do you enjoy traveling solo?
4. How do you save money for travels?
5. What do you blog about when you’re not traveling?
6. Are you more like Andrew Zimmern or completely picky when it comes to new food?
7. Which country do you NOT care to visit and why?
8. What’s your funniest travel experience?
9. Which past trip of yours would you redo?
10. What’s your favorite way to travel?